- The “very strong senior and middle leaders have been highly effective in securing improved outcomes for all groups of pupils in reading, writing and mathematics”.
- Pupils are well prepared for secondary school. Their skills and knowledge in reading, writing and maths are in line with age-related expectations and they have very positive attitudes to learning.
- Good working relationships between adults and pupils “inspire confidence” among learners, with staff promoting a “very positive ‘can do’ attitude among pupils by focused use of praise and encouragement”.
- The academy is a “harmonious community. Pupils learn not just to be tolerant of different cultures but to embrace and celebrate them”.
- The extensive range of enrichment activities on offer “excites pupils and raises their aspirations to learn”. (Ofsted 2017)