Anti-bullying week surveys!
Posted on: November 12, 2015
Anti-Bullying Week in England is coordinated by the Anti-Bullying Alliance and this year is from the 16th – 20th November. Herman Academy is once again pleased to take part in the week and promote the positive messages that it gives children about addressing bullying.
The key aims of the week are to:
- To empower Herman Academy children to make a noise about bullying – whether it is happening to them or to someone else, face to face or online;
- To help Herman Academy parents and carers have conversations with their children about bullying – both as a way of preventing bullying, and to help children who are worried about bullying;
- To promote our status as a ‘talking school’ where all children are given a safe space to discuss bullying and other issues that affect their lives, and are supported to report all forms of bullying;
- To equip Herman Academy teachers to respond effectively when children tell them they’re being bullied; and
- To raise awareness of the impact of bullying on children’s lives if they don’t tell anyone it’s happening – or if they are not given appropriate support – with a focus on the impact on mental health.
To help us support all children, parents and carers as best as possible we are asking that you take part in our short surveys. By completing the survey you are making a statement that you are eager to work with us for the mutual benefit of your child.
If you are a Herman parent please click here.
If you are a Herman pupil please click here.
As ever, if you have specific concerns that you would like to address with the academy please contact us to make an appointment with a member of staff appropriate to your situation.
Category: Academy news