Exciting ‘Zero Waste Kitchen Challenge’ opportunity
Posted on: January 23, 2018
Within the Academy, we are currently trying to focus on reducing the amount of food waste that we produce. The school council have, today, had a very productive meeting with Martina Glasson who is a Food Waste Reduction Officer. She is working in the community over the next few weeks to offer this exciting opportunity to parents:
Sainsbury’s Zero Waste Kitchen Challenge
As part of the 4-week Zero Waste Kitchen Challenge you will receive:
· A place at the above ‘Zero Waste Kitchen Challenge’ Cookery Workshop where, as well as being given tips about making the most of leftovers and avoiding food waste, our trainers will guide you through a hands-on 2-course menu cooking demonstration.
· A FREE pack of goodies to use at home to help avoid food waste including: A handbook to guide you on your ‘zero waste’ journey, our recipe book, store cupboard items and food saver gadgets to help plan meals.
· Simple-to-use food waste measurement forms to complete and return to us online to complete your Challenge!
· £20 worth of Sainsbury’s vouchers as a thank you when you complete the Challenge at the end of week 4.
· Regular updates and advice about how to reduce your food waste delivered to your inbox via our ‘Recycle for Norfolk’ e-zine newsletter.Your local ‘Zero Waste Kitchen Challenge’ Cookery Workshop
takes place on Thursday 8 February 2018 (09.30 to 13.00) at First Move Furnishaid, Artillery Square, Great Yarmouth, NR30 2LR
You can book a place by using the link below:
Category: Academy news